In the journalism minor, you'll learn the rigors of writing and editing different styles of stories for print and digital publications, how to use different software to create layouts for print media, and photojournalism.
The minor in journalism requires 18 credit hours of classes.
The required courses for the journalism minor are:
- CMCN 212 - Introductory Newswriting
- CMCN 311 - Principles of Journalism
- CMCN 312 - Advanced Reporting
- CMCN 313 - News Editing
- CMCN 335 - Visual Communication I
Choose one course from the following:
- CMCN 333 - Digital Photography
- CMCN 385 - Communication Law and Ethics
- CMCN 412(G) - Feature Writing
- CMCN 413(G) - Public Affairs Reporting